Saturday, April 11, 2009

Staging our House

The papers have been signed to sell our house and nowadays that means a stager comes in and re-organizes the entire house. Our home is now supposed to look like a model home with nothing personal visible. What a distressing ordeal it was for us! After a couple of hours, the stager left and we were so distraught we couldn't even eat dinner. We had no idea this process would be so unsettling. I have lived in this house more than half my life and most all my adult life - far too long, it seems. We even discussed if we should be moving at all, but we know this is the time for us and waiting will just make it harder.
On the bright side, we were walking around the property yesterday and finally saw some real signs of spring. Our daffodils are now in full bloom and our native woodland wild flower - trillium - even appeared for us yesterday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think moving from the house I have lived in for over 33 years is going to be very traumatic. I don't know how I will react, but I can understand your distress. I'm sure you are over that now and just wanting to get out and move on with your lives.

Good Luck!